General English Language Course
This General English language course helps you improve your grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. It is an excellent way of developing your English for work, study or pleasure.
Our English language teachers will teach you in friendly, motivating classes. We use modern teaching methods and equipment, current English language course books and other authentic materials to help you to improve your language skills.
Who is it the course for?
The course is tailored to your individual language level. We will test you on the first day to place you in the best class to help you improve. There is a minimum age requirement of 16 years and a minimum stay of 2 weeks.
What does the course cover?
Our typical weekly programme for our English courses in Nottingham includes a range of activities:
- Speaking - One to one, group and class discussions will help you communicate effectively and improve your confidence, pronunciation and fluency
- Listening - Exercises to develop your listening
- Vocabulary - Learn the words you need to communicate clearly
- Writing and Grammar - Gain confidence to understand your favourite texts
You will learn through a combination of tutor lead activities and class discussions and projects with weekly homework. We will provide the opportunity for you to use interactive software as well as more traditional work books. Students will be encouraged to participate as much as possible and to take part in group activities and presentations
About this course:
- Study in a class with students of a similar level
- Meet and study with students from all around the world
- Access the impressive college Learning Centre with free internet access and college facilities and activities
- A good ratio of students to tutor with a limit of up to 16 students per class
- Course book and work book included
- After this course you will be given a certificate
English Courses in Nottingham - Dates and Fees
For a full list of our courses, dates and prices please see our brochures
Prices do not include:
- Airport transfers
- Food and living costs
What is your current English language level?
If you have already undertaken one of the popular English language tests such as IELTS, you can use the following table to compare your level with other test scores alongside the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). You can include this information in your application.
For more information and to register
If you have any questions about this course or would like more information please enquire now. To register on this course please apply now.