Study for the Cambridge First Certificate in English
First Certificate in English Preparation Course
Prepare for First Certificate in English, the internationally recognised Cambridge University examination, at Nottingham English School. If you're looking for English courses in Nottingham then why not study for the FCE certificate for 15 hours a week in a class that will help you develop your English language skills.
What does the course involve?
- You will practise the reading, writing, listening and speaking to develop the skills that you need for the exam.
- You will also improve your grammar and widen your vocabulary.
- At the end of your course, you will take the examination at Nottingham English Centre.
Why English courses in Nottingham English School?
Our experienced tutors provide a high standard of English training and are practiced in helping international students prepare for and pass the FCE exams. Nottingham is an attractive city and our facilities really do provide you with the ideal environment to study in, learn and enjoy your time in the UK. You will have the opportunity to meet with international students from all around the world.
What is included in English courses in Nottingham?
- 15 hours a week tuition in a class
- Access the impressive college Learning Centre with free internet access and college facilities and activities
- A good ratio of students to tutor with a limit of up to 16 students per class
- Course book and work book included
What is FCE?
The First Certificate in English or FCE is a Cambridge ESOL language certificate. It is aimed at students looking to demonstrate an intermediate level of English, equivalent to level B2 of the European Language Reference Framework. The First Certificate in English recognised throughout the world and has lifelong validity.
FCE is recommended for people who are planning to study or work overseas. Students taking this certificate have on average already studied English for 6-8 years.
Students sitting the FCE will be expected to:
- Express themselves in detail on a large number of subjects.
- Be able to present a simple argument on a topical issue
- Read texts and understand both abstract and concrete subjects.
- Be able to hold a technical conversation on a chosen subject
- Speak with a confidence and ease that and show the ability to hold a fluent conversation with native English speakers
How do I enrol or find out more?
Complete our enquiry form to find out more about this course or apply now.